Respect for young people at iHuman is paramount, and every individual is treated with respect and dignity.
We’d like to share some heart-felt thanks.
All the pieces of love, dedication and your time have added up to something big and positive for iHuman and our youth.
Note: Image below is a temporary placeholder
This section will soon be filled with logos of all the amazingly awesome partners, companies and foundations who support iHuman and youth in Edmotnon who face tremendous challenges.
iHuman Youth Society is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to serve marginalized youth to promote their reintegration into the community through a program involving crisis intervention, arts mentorship, and life skills development.
Reporting to the Director Caring Services, the Social Worker will work in a collaborative team to deliver crisis intervention and outreach services to iHuman clientele.
- Provide crisis intervention and outreach services utilizing a harm reduction philosophy to vulnerable youth aged 12-24 years
- Establish trust relationships with youth with an aim to develop case planning, de-escalation and goal setting action plans
- Facilitate and provide advocacy for iHuman, clients and their families where necessary with external agencies, government services or community resources
- Other outreach support as necessary
- Registered Social Worker designation with Alberta College of Social Work
- Minimum two-year diploma/certificate in social work
- Experience working with marginalized populations including vulnerable youth
- Experience facilitating youth with court appearances, accessing treatment etc.
- Knowledge of harm reduction approaches to engaging youth with multiple challenges including mental illness, addictions and fetal alcohol syndrome
- Exceptional interviewing, case planning and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional professionalism and personal ethics
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check, Child and Youth Services Check
- Valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle
Hours of Work: 37.5 hour work week, 11:00–7:00pm, flexibility in schedule required
Salary: $39,520 – $47,840 per annum ($19.00-$23.00 p/hr.)
Posting Closes: Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter in WORD or PDF to our HR Consultant,
Note: Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted